Re: [Harp-L] Re: Jason Ricci recording

"Dave R. Fertig" <drfertig@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I ain't no teckie but I think you did a great job,

thanks.  truth be told, once i set up, i mostly had to remember to
hit "start" before they started and stop it when they were done.  the
rig does the rest.  though i did manage to rearrange some tables to
get the rig in a good spot, and talk the owner into letting me stay
there with it.  he was worried about obstructing views.  luckily this
rig is quite unobtrusive.  i told him if it proved to be a problem i'd
move it, and that was the last i heard about it.

>  the recording quality
> (playing off my laptop confuser with small but good extension spkrs) seems
> as good as from Jason's CD played on the same equip.

it sounds pretty good to me.  play it in a dark room on a good stereo,
cranked, and you're there.

> I guess I gotta buy
> Jason's other CD's now, put 'em alongside the other greats.

a fitting place.

----
Garry Hodgson, Technical Consultant, AT&T Labs

do for others
with no desire of return
we should all plant some trees
we will never sit under